The S Vision 2032
StanRTA is conducting a Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA), a study that compares existing transit service to what is actually needed and desired in Stanislaus County. The result of the COA will be an improved The S system.
1. Enter your email address below to receive updates including meeting notices, study findings, and future surveys. We will not use your information for any other purposes.
2. Online Survey Now Open! Take the Survey.
3. On-board Survey - Completed in April 2022.
4. Read the Existing Conditions Report. The purpose of this report is to document existing service characteristics and system performance and serve as the foundation for developing recommendations.
5. Additional online and in-person events will be added soon.
|Chapter||Title||What questions does the chapter answer?|
|Chapter 1 ||Introduction|
|Chapter 2||Overview of the System|
|Chapter 3||Fixed Route Service Evaluation|
|Chapter 4||Flexible Services Evaluation|
|Chapter 5||Paratransit Service Evaluation|
|Chapter 6||Other Regional Transit Services and Agencies|
|Chapter 7||Transit Demand Analysis|
|Chapter 8||Corridor Demand|
|Chapter 9||Fare Structure|
|Chapter 10||Fleet and Facilities|
|Chapter 11||Key Findings|
|Chapter 12||Next Steps|
- The Comprehensive Operations Analysis (COA) will guide implementation of changes in the next year.
- The Short-Range Transit Plan (SRTP) will guide recommendations for changes and updates over the next five years. These will include financially constrained or viable projects.
- The Long-Range Transit Plan (LRTP) will recommend how the agency will work towards its longer-term goals. These goals will be developed as part of this process. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Why do we need this project?
MAX and StaRT became one system called The S in 2021. To make the system work for as many people as possible, both during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, we need to understand where people can go and where they want to go, and to make sure policies like fares and hours of operation make sense. We also need to ensure that the service is financially sustainable.
What could change as a result of this project?
This project will look at bus routes, the types of service available throughout the county, bus schedules, bus stops, the amount of service (frequency and hours), the quality and ease of understanding information, transfer locations, equity considerations, and fares.